The Hotel built before 1881, served canal boat passengers on the James River and Kanawha Canal and later railway passengers on the Chesapeake and Ohio Railroad which was built along much of the Canal’s tow path. In 1896, Annie and William T. Tucker bought both Maidens’ Farm and the Hotel where the entire Tucker Family lived and worked. The hotel closed in 1920. This Cat’s Meow was originally designed and hand-painted by local artisan, Gloria Tucker. Gloria gave her design to the Society who submitted it to The Cat’s Meow Company where it was converted into the piece pictured here. The piece is five inches high and one inch thick and will sit perfectly above a door or window frame.