« Go Back

Cat’s Meow Old Stone Jail

The Old Stone Jail was built c. 1833. It was constructed of river stones brought up the hill to the site when the Kanawha Canal was being built westward along the James River.  This Cat’s Meow was originally designed and hand-painted by local artisan, Gloria Tucker. Gloria gave her design to the Society who submitted it to The Cat’s Meow Company where it was converted into the piece pictured here.  The piece is four inches high and one inch thick and will sit perfectly above a door or window frame.

$15.00